This week was pretty eventful:
- My new roommate has moved in, woohoo! It already makes such a difference for me because I love using all the “common areas” of the apartment again. Rental contracts here are always in effect for twelve months, so I’m looking forward to a pleasant year.
- The other week I bought a season pass for paddling on the Charles River, and this week I used it for the first times. On Thursday, during my (long) lunch break I went SUPing with a friend. Today I started at a different spot and went kayaking. I feel safer when kayaking, but really want to improve my SUP skills this summer. In any case, I love being on the water, feeling the warm sun and the soft wind. This might be my favorite form of exercising.
- There was Memorial Day on Monday. Personally, I think that the U.S. doesn’t have enough bank holidays, but at least there is one on the last Monday in May. It normally is the day when summer officially starts and people meet for BBQs. I guess they did that in other parts of the country, but here in Boston it was cold and rainy. So far we haven’t been lucky and summer still hasn’t started. People who have lived here for many years say that they can’t remember the last time it was this cold and wet at the end of May/beginning of June.
- On Friday I was suddenly notified by my bank app that my checkings account was overdrawn. So I had to rush to the bank before going to work. There had been a problem with online banking so that I paid my credit card twice. Oh, and did you know that a minus on the credit card actually means a surplus? Well, I didn’t …
- I made oatmeal cookies and will share the recipe with you tomorrow. It is easier to see all my stocks of food when there is a roommate change. And I think cookies are a great way of reducing those stocks a little. Those oats at least are used up.
- One of my colleagues had her farewell party on Friday. Although it was great (and we’ll all be dreaming of that three course meal for a very long time), it always makes me sad to say goodbye. Working in such an international environment means bidding farewell to quite a lot of people every year.
|Read| Devil’s Food Cake Murder, Cinnamon Roll Murder, Red Velvet Cupcake Murder, Blackberry Pie Murder, Double Fudge Brownie Murder
|Listened to| Imagine Dragons, Roxette, Marteria
|Done| relaxed at home on Memorial Day, worked, went to a friend’s farewell party, went SUPing and kayaking on the Charles River
|Eaten| pumpkin soup, steak, fish, oatmeal cookies, bacon and potato shakshuka, pizza
|Drunk| water, coffee, beer
|Thought| cockweasel (a wonderful word for some people)
|Been happy| when I was on the river and saw Boston from a new perspective
|Laughed| my cat and my new roommate have immediately become friends – which was easy since my roommate brought many boxes and Canavar sat in all of them
|Desired| summer please
|Bought| a new brush for Canavar, a lipgloss, an eyeshadow palette
|Clicked| there’s a Harry Potter pub planned in London [here]; I believe we should all date our city/cities more [here]; three ideas to reduce garbage in the bathroom [here]