The good news:
- Summer break has started for me.
- We are not moving for once.
- Our new icecream maker is fun and amazing.
- A few stores have reopened in the City.
- Restaurants now offer outdoor seating and to me that feels like being in Europe.
- Biden is leading Trump by more than %10 in first polls.
- The line in front of our neighborhood Trader Joe’s has become very short, i.e. grocery shopping is not such a big trip anymore that it was a few weeks ago.
- Canavar now mostly sleeps stretched out, belly up and with his paws in the air.
- We have started to (re-)watch German TV series “Türkisch für Anfänger” because I think that the 25 minute long episodes are perfect for Rich to improve his German. Plus he gets a few impressions of the Turkish culture. We are still practicing that the name is “Cem” though and not “Sam” 😀
The bad news:
- Trump introduced a big visa ban until (at least) the end of the year.
- Our new colleagues won’t be able to enter the country and teach. Neither will hardly any other immigrants.
- Even though I might be legally allowed to travel outside of the U.S. (because I am married to a U.S. citizen), it is too much of a risk that I still might not be let back in. So definitely no visit to my family this year. Well, also because:
- Coronavirus is spreading throughout almost the whole U.S. (again/still).
- Our A.C. works, but does not cool the apartment down effectively.
- I accidentally knocked down one of my favorite nail polishes and the bottle broke.
|Watched| Once Upon a Time, Türkisch für Anfänger
|Read| Harley Merlin and the Broken Spell, Harley Merlin and the Cult of Eris, Harley Merlin and the Detector Fix, The Vanishing Half, a few cookbooks and magazines, The New York Times, Time Magazine
|Listened to| some podcasts, beach party playlist
|Done| taught from home, finished the school year, went to school on Wednesday to give out repord cards to my homeroom class, celebrated the start of summer break (mostly by napping)
|Eaten| icecream, fake chicken avocado fajitas, Turkish eggplant, chicken arrabiatta, saag paneer
|Drunk| water, coffee, hard seltzer, sparkling wine
|Thought| It is time to leave this country and it might be good that Canavar doesn’t have any up-to-date vaccinations because I won’t leave without him.
|Been happy| I mean I am always happy when summer break starts 😀
|Laughed| when I ended up slightly drunk on Friday afternoon because we first had a few drinks and only then thought of getting food
This blog post & shop widgets use affiliate links.
|Bought| nothing I believe
|Clicked| if nothing else, maybe we can go on a few small trips within New York State this summer: The Best Summer Road Trips in Every State; all these recommendations look great to me: 5 Documentaries That Will Inspire Your Creativity