There are eight weeks left of 2017. This is still almost a sixth of the whole year. I usually don’t believe that the year changes much within its last two months. So far 2017 feels to me like the year where so far I have had to adult most of all. I really hope that for the rest I won’t have to deal anymore with getting broken things repaired or replaced, or with mistakes in insurances, or with allergies or injuries. What about a nice and cosy romance for a difference? Or a win on the lottery? I’d really appreciate both instead of having to deal with bills and stress.
Then again I also just realized that I’m going to travel to at least four different places in four different countries in this coming period. If this doesn’t cry out for excitement, I don’t know what would. And besides my travels there are many other things I look forward to before 2017 ends.
- Wearing my fluffy coats – When leopard print and fluffy fake fur coats came into fashion, I really wanted to go shopping for some. Then I realized I already have had both for several years [I even posted photos of one here]. Finally I can wear it without people looking at me disapprovingly … just because somebody said they were in fashion right now …
- % 20 off at Sephora – The U.S. Sephora gives this big discount from 10 to 15 November when you are a VIB Beauty Insider. Time to order something I have wanted for a long time.
- At least one more photoshoot – I haven’t attended any shoots of the Boston Instagram community since I cut my finger. But now that it is healed and I can use it again, I also feel like taking plenty of pictures.
- Winter foods – It is the perfect time again for hot soups like this Turkish yogurt soup [here] and Christmas cookies [recipes for cranberry macaroons and stollen pieces here in German].
- Thanksgiving break & Montreal – We get a five day break and I am going to spend it it in Montreal. I repeat myself. I know. Mais le Québec, c’est merveilleux!
- Putting up all my Christmas decorations – This year I do it the American way: I am going to take out all my Christmas decorations and buy a tree directly after Thanksgiving.
- Driving to work and home in my car – It’s warm in there, and I save so much time every day.
- New movies – “Murder on the Orient Express”, “Justice League”, “Wonder”, “Jumanji”, … I might try to go to the cinema once a week.
- Staying at home more – When it is cold and dark outside, I don’t mind staying at home more. Lighting a candle. Cuddling with Canavar. Taking naps.
- More time for reading – I still have a big pile of books that I want to read.
- Jake Bugg concert on 5 December – I went to his concert in Boston last year and I like both his music and his live performance. He also published a new album recently. That is why I bought a ticket for this year’s concert, too.
- Hot chocolate – There is no better time than long November and December nights to drink huge amounts of hot chocolate.
- Going home for Christmas – I am not excited (yet?) about going to Germany, but it’s great to see my family.
- Christmas – To sum up: presents, food, TV, plenty of sleep.
- Spending New Year’s Eve in Istanbul – I can’t wait to be once more in my favorite city. A friend recently told me that Istanbul has changed much since I last was there in August 2016. So I am both excited and anxious to explore this changed version.
What are the things you look forward to before this year ends?