After spending almost two days in the area of the Grand Canyon South Rim, we drove on north to South Utah. Since this vacation is utterly wonderful, I want to share ten things that I especially liked so far.
- We saw the Grand Canyon covered in snow, which, according to locals, is a very rare sight.
- The outdoor hot tub in our hotel in Tusayan at Grand Canyon was amazing. It was so hot that we didn’t mind running through the cold to get there.
- Despite the cold, we also found nice sunny spots to eat picnics outside.
- Just to see the Grand Canyon is a majestic feeling. We walked around the South Rim for a whole day, went a tiny bit down, and even watched the sunset there.
- It is so much fun to drive on almost empty roads for hours and to stop whenever we want to.
- We compared bison and beef jerky. They are both very delicious actually.
- We walked in a gorge that didn’t have any water at that time. It is so pretty to see all those different layers of rocks.
- There was a cute group of four taxidermied raccoons in a restaurant in Kanab – I love raccoons.
- We saw so many different landscapes: canyons, cliffs, mountains, forests, deserts … it is amazing how much there is to see in this region.
- Vacation with my boyfriend. So perfect.