I often feel the world is going haywire. So today I want to focus only on the good things that happened this week:
- I went to my second Jake Bugg concert. It was only he and his guitar on the stage – and it was an amazing acoustic concert. Apparently, he is still quite unknown in the world. I don’t understand why.
- I finally have a dentist appointment in Istanbul for my night guard.
- I went with many of my colleagues to see the Celtics game on Wednesday. Fortunately we won. And we got to see Dirk Nowitzki play, the famous German in the Dallas Mavericks team.
- The Time Magazine Person of the Year are women who spoke up that they were sexually harassed by (powerful) men. I support that choice – since it shows that the world is sometimes and slowly improving. And that the orange clown in the White House doesn’t get everything, although he pretends to on Twitter.
- On St. Nicholas Day I received a big letter from my parents with a lot of chocolate and cat snacks.
- Despite me going out so often this week, I managed to get more or less enough sleep. I am still surprised by myself.
- Amazon Prime had a special offer for its clients. There was a preview of Jumanji 2 in the cinema on Friday. I immediately bought a ticket because when I go home for Christmas, the next cinema is an about one and a half hour car drive away. I really liked the movie, it is very funny.
- One morning many windshields were frozen – but mine for once wasn’t one of them.
- On Saturday it snowed all day long. Finally! I had been somewhat disappointed that there had been snow even in Texas and Georgia, but not yet in Massachusetts.
- I was lucky and responded first on a Freecycle offer so that I can pick up a (used) DVD player for free. One that plays American DVDs. Because it took me quite some time to realize that there are different regional codes for DVD. And even my laptop drive can only play DVDs from one region.
- I spent much time reading. I have only recently discovered the Artemis Fowl book series and enjoy reading it. Also, I read “The Code of the Extraordinary Mind” which I could lend from Amazon – even though the book did not give me totally new ideas, it helped me refocus.
|Watched| Jumanji 2, Just add magic
|Read| The Code of the Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventional Laws to Redefine Your Life and Succeed On Your Own Terms, Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident, Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code, New York Times, Time Magazine
|Listened to| Christmas songs, Jake Bugg
|Done| worked, went to a Jake Bugg concert, went to see the Celtics vs. Mavericks basketball game, attended a friend’s little Christmas party, went to the cinema for the preview of “Jumanji 2”, walked through the snow and took many photos
|Eaten| Christmas cookies, risotto, potato salad
|Drunk| water, coffee, cider, hot chocolate, mulled wine
|Thought| I love who the Time Magazine chose for their Person of the Year
|Been happy| that I did so many different activities
|Laughed| I think so
|Desired| for the snow not to stop falling because the first snow every winter is sooo pretty
|Bought| food, drinks, a Harry Potter nightshirt, socks
|Clicked| the first time I ever went to NYC was in winter: “A Winter Guide to NYC“; the article on the “TIME Person of the Year 2017: The Silence Breakers“; as in the last two years Nia is organizing a “28 Days of Blogging” for February 2018
4 thoughts on “Week in review: 4 – 10 December 2017”