Fall and October are finally here. But I am not too sad. The second half of September wasn’t utterly great, or that’s at least how I have felt since I cut my finger. I am convinced that October will be so much better – at least I try not to break any of my belongings or parts of my body. I think that is a great overall monthly goal (esp. after I broke my camera in summer and had to had my car repaired [here]). Also, October is the month of fall break – next week – and Halloween. So there are hopefully exciting things going to happen. And if not – any kind of normal is great, really.
In October I want to:
- do all the required paperwork for my finger injury;
- have a great weekend in NYC with two graduates from my school in Istanbul;
- explore Montreal during fall break;
- do something I haven’t done before;
- go to the Gripin (a Turkish rock band) concert in Boston on the last day of fall break;
- invite friends over for dinner at least once;
- have my car’s windshield repaired;
- start practising my Turkish again on Duolingo;
- book a hotel for when I’ll stay in Istanbul for New Year’s Eve;
- start thinking of Christmas presents.
In September I wanted to:
- improve my Photoshop skills √ – I did, at least during the first half of the month.
- properly plan my fall break vacation √ – It took me a little longer, but now all is booked and planned, woohoo!
- stop working from home for school at 8 p.m. √ – I have been really good in doing this, and it makes feel so much better.
- continue to go out in order to take photos once a week Χ – I did until I injured my finger and couldn’t operate the shutter anymore :-(.
- drink more water and a little less coffee, esp. during the day √ – This felt great because I realized that I don’t always need a coffee first thing in the morning. And that when I don’t start with coffee for breakfast at home, I usually only drink two cups of coffee per day and feel totally fine.
- eat more consciously √ – This worked for most of the time.
- have my car’s windshield repaired Χ – I really wanted to call my insurance, but my finger distracted me.
- try to attend many (social) events as long as the weather isn’t too bad and I still like to step outside √ – I think I went to a lot of different events like readings, photoshoots, going out with friends, etc.
- finally book that Christmas flight √ – The deed is done. Yay.