The first day of vacation is always the greatest in my opinion because there are so many days off ahead, so many possibilities. My Christmas started yesterday at noon. My friend and I celebrated this by having lunch at one of our favorite Thai restaurants in Cambridge. Then I just spent the rest of the day at home, mostly on the sofa because it is just so nice to be lazy without any remorse. And it makes the cat happy when we just lie next to each other – he taking naps, I reading.
But besides relaxing big time over the next two weeks, I also have these plans:
- I finally have a Christmas tree and decorated it. Now I want to enjoy it as much as possible. Which is why I also need to spend a lot of time on my sofa, and read, and drink loads of hot chocolate and coffee.
- Tonight I’m flying to Las Vegas! I am thrilled. I definitely want to see all the different hotel complexes, possibly ride the rollercoaster at the New York New York, maybe visit the aquarium, definitely eat my way through all the famous buffets, probably do a little shopping, absolutely take a ton of pictures.
- I want to go ice skating in Boston because there are so many cool rinks outside – and because I haven’t ice skated for years, even though I have always intended to. I especially liked the rink at Government Center from looking at it, also there is a little Christmas market there. But I have also heard that the rink at Kendall Square is supposed to be great.
- I still need to buy a ton of Christmas presents, which is totally my own fault because I am just not organized. I am lucky that delivery people are way faster in the US than those in Germany.
- Celebrate Christmas of course. This year I am going to be with my friend and her family. I think it is going to be a very traditional German Christmas, but let’s see.
- I want to meet other friends, too. Most of them have flown back to Europe (or Southeast Asia or upstate New York) for Christmas, but will be back during our second week of vacation.
- I need a plan for New Year’s Eve. I can’t wait to say goodbye to this year. And I have some new party dresses that demand some more attention.
- Also it is time to make plans for 2017. I mean I haven’t even booked my next trip yet. Or thought about anything else that might come up. But I am hopeful that the next year will be way better than this one.
2 thoughts on “Christmas break 2016: My plans”
I hope you enjoyed Las Vegas – was it your first time?
A happy new year for you!
Yes, I went there for the first time. I loved it!
Happy new year to you too!