July was the first month which I accomplished all my goals in. That makes me wonder if I set myself too easy objectives or if I have improved in meeting them. I am going to examine this further in August.
In August I want to:
- start exercising three times a week;
- tidy my desk and my bookshelves;
- try to set up my ancient nettop because I could maybe leave it in school instead of carrying my laptop back and forth every day;
- learn how to fill my car tires with air;
- going outside to shoot photos at least once a week;
- buy no cosmetics, no clothes, and no books;
- knit a scarf;
- consider what I want to do in fall break;
- book my flight to Germany for Christmas;
- start well into the new school year;
- take a daily walk even once school has started.
In July I wanted to:
- have a great housewarming party for and with my roommate √ – We finally had our party, and it was great fun;
- sort out my car insurance √ – It took some time, but it’s all good now: I’ve still got my insurance, it is actually cheaper than originally, and eventually I paid the last bill;
- request my absentee ballot for the German election in fall √ – To be honest, the letter is on my desk, but tomorrow I’m definitely taking it to the post office;
- have the cigarette lighter in my car repaired √ – I am so glad I had that done, esp. since it was only $10;
- organize a few things for the coming school year, but really only a few √ – very very few …;
- eat from my provisions √ – I have almost finished all my pasta and mashed potato flakes;
- go on at least one road trip: I am definitely going to the Niagara Falls and Toronto, but I might take either one big trip including other destinations or several small trips √ – I went there and still have to blog about it.
What are your goals for August?