January passed by in a jiffy. At least for me. The first month of 2022 was characterized by getting everything ready for the baby. And a good amount of self-pity for myself because I felt uncomfortable for a lot of the time. Funnily, that has changed over the last week. Walking is not as tiring anymore and I don’t suffer from terrible daily backache anymore. Maybe I have just learned to take more breaks.
February, of course, will be all about the baby. Or the transition to suddenly having a baby. It has actually come as a total surprise to me that I face this whole change calmly. I expected myself to be anxious and controlling. But instead I feel relaxed and that we will take it day by day. I mean we have managed to keep the cats alive … how hard can it be for our baby to survive 😉 ? My February 2022 goals are not that exciting, but that allows more progression over the next months.
My Goals for February 2022 are:
- go and see the Lunar New Year’s celebrations
- do a few things alone with Rich before the baby comes, e.g. a game night, a nice dinner
- finish a few last projects before the birth (both at home and on the blog)
- give the cats as much attention as possible so that they will not feel neglected
- make the best of the birth situation (cause C-section) and enjoy having a baby as much as possible
My Goals for January 2022 were:
- pack my hospital bag in time – I did that in early January
- wash all baby clothes – that took actually longer than we had thought
- try to take at least one 20 minute walk per day – I tried my best, but on some days I took a break due to the weather and discomfort
- take several books to the little free library around the corner – well, one counts, doesn’t it?
- use my paper content planner and create a schedule for at least the first quarter of 2022 (and stick to it)
- prepare blog posts for February as much as possible
- visit the dentist – we never figured out if I had dental insurance or not and I also didn’t feel like even more appointments
- prepare our tax return as much as possible – we haven’t even gotten most tax documents yet