1. My view when I leave the house. I can’t get enough of just walking around and looking up. Someone please pinch me because I really really live in Manhattan.
2. Are Beyond Meat And Impossible Burgers Better For You? Nutritionists Weigh In. I find this article intriguing because the results are different to what I expected. I have a few vegan and vegetarian friends who advocate their lifestyles strongly (and particularly non-meat, but tasting like meat alternatives) – whereas I am the moderate meat eater who usually cooks and eats vegetarian dishes at home.
3. Brownie muffins. Extremely easy to make, extremely delicious. I just made them this afternoon. For six muffins: Preheat your oven to 180 °C (or 350 °F). Melt 56g bittersweet chocolate together with 55g butter, stir together. Whisk 1 egg with 75g sugar in a bowl. Add the melted chocolate. Add 30g flour, 20 g cocoa powder and a pinch of salt. Combine everything. Fill the batter into muffin liners and bake for about 15 minutes.
4. Weekend plans. Yay, weekend! During summer vacation it is not so important to me what day of the week it is, but I am very much looking forward to my boyfriend having two days off. We’ll continue to arrange furniture and stuff in our apartment (like our mattress was finally delivered this week so that we can set up our bed and can put the sofa into the living room), I’ll attend my first blogger workshop in NYC, we’ll go to a house party, and hopefully there are many many hours of sweet idleness.
5. Coffee substitute. I stumbled upon a plant-based alternative to coffee which I felt was advertised like a great new thing to save the world. It then occurred to me that grain coffee is nothing new at all. At least in Eastern Germany you can buy it in every supermarket for very little money, i.e. it has existed for a very long time as a coffee substitute for the poor masses. It makes me wonder how often we are sold by some great advertisment promising us wellness, health and salvation when similar products have been around for long and we just need to use our brains first. (Just for your information: The price difference in the U.S. is actually smaller than the one on Amazon Germany, but still significant. There are also many cheaper alternatives that do not belong to Nestlé.)
* vs. *
* contains affiliate links