I can’t even remember the last time I baked. I only know that I didn’t have time to make any Christmas cookies last year. This is kind of weird because I love cake and cookies – and I eat many. It is high time to use my kitchen more again. This weekend was a good start. I baked oatmeal cookies. In the first place because I wanted to use up the rest of oatmeal, which had been there for months. I actually don’t like it for breakfast usually. Warm porridge is beyond my idea of a good breakfast. But oatmeal cookies for breakfast? Hell yeah! Maybe it is a little weird, but I had some of them this morning together with a bit of goat cheese and raspberries. So yummie!
Serves ca. 50 pieces
15 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 2 sticks butter (1/2 pound or 225 g)
- 1 cup sugar (or 200 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour (or 220 g)
- 2 cups oatmeal (or 280 g)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (or 180 °C).
- Melt the butter and let it cool a little.
- Mix the white sugar with the butter.
- Add all the other ingredients. Stir until you have a sticky dough.
- Put the dough with a teaspoon on a cookie sheet. Place them apart from each other. I put only 9 blobs of dough on one sheeet.
- Bake the cookies until they are a little brown on the edges. That takes about 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool before taking them off the sheet.