May is my favorite month. We might be still working on the reasons this year, but I’m sure I’ll eventually grow my deep love also for May 2017. Surely, I won’t have to wear my winter coat for another three weeks?! But I am very grateful that our property manager hasn’t switched off the heating yet. I am also glad that I spent those two weeks in the Caribbean in April because it might be a long time until I can sunbathe again *sob*. At least from the way the weather forecast looks these days. But I can always hope for improvement and until then I am looking forward to reaching some of my goals.
My goals for May are:
- food shopping only when I’ve eaten or used something up;
- and also less eating out – I’ve noticed that I’m often eating a burrito on the way home or going to the supermarket during lunch break instead of bringing lunch from home;
- blogging more regularly again;
- not ordering an Uber all the time, but relying more on public transport again (or maybe even using my bike, but I won’t be too optimistic);
- exploring more of Boston again because esp. in spring it is such a beautiful city;
- attending a university graduation in New York State next weekend – I am very excited for this event because one of my former high school students from Istanbul has invited me (and yes, they grow up so fast);
- celebrating my birthday – I haven’t set a date for the party yet, but I really want to celebrate with my friends;
- going away for Memorial Day weekend – that’s the only long weekend we have in May and I think it would be lovely to go somewhere else;
- reaching for a better work-life balance;
- empty my desk and the basket next to it.
My goals for April were:
- no food shopping unless it is something that I don’t have any substitute for √ – it was also easier because I was at home for only two weeks;
- no online shopping unless it is something I’d die without √ – I am so proud to have stuck this out;
- really find a new roommate √ – yes, I’ve found one on the day before the deadline, and he’s genuinely nice;
- enjoy my two weeks on the beach in the Dominican Republic √ – oh yes, absolutely! I can’t wait to finally show you more photos;
- exercise more – that should be possible during my vacation because the hotel has a gym, I only need to feel good Χ – ehm, I guess I snorkeled and swam somewhat, but I didn’t really exercise on a regular basis;
- start decluttering my wardrobe and try to sell some pieces online Χ – oops, I instead bought another dress, but I really need to declutter for reasons of space;
- as well as some beauty products √ – that worked way better, and even though I could do more here, I have already sold some;
- really start making plans for the summer Χ – I haven’t, but/so I guess I won’t go away a lot;
- throw away the disgusting carpet from my room because vacuum cleaning doesn’t seem to work there √ – I did that immediately after publishing my last monthly goal post.